a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Monday, November 11, 2002

Sleigh bells ring... are you listening?

It's only November 11th, and I'm already worried about Christmas, ahh! That's what I get for working in a toy store, I suppose. People get really mean! I am supposed to be studying, but I can't concentrate at all. Dammit! No wonder I have my first mark below 80! Meh. Another great philosophy.

We did a great performance piece at this morning's Remembrance Day assembly. I think it was very effective, and no one had a chance to get bored, because it was only about 8 minutes. We did it twice in first period, and by third period Mr. G had received letters saying how appropriate, effective, and well-done it was. I'm proud to have been a part of it. I learned a lot about what I feel during the preparation. Because I've never really dealt with war, it's hard for me to understand, and appreciate what I've got going for me. Of course I am thankful that Canada is a safe country. I just have such a problem with violence, and solving problems by shooting people. Then again, as I learned in prep for the performance, I am a member of society, and I do absolutely nothing to try and stop anything. If a bullet is shot, I've helped pull the trigger by not writing to my MP and saying what I believe. Of course it won't REALLY make a difference, but I will be acknowledged, and be able to say truthfully that I have done what I can without becoming a peace keeper. Life is too precious to spend fighting, as selfish as that sounds. War doesn't solve anything. It just creates grudges. And that's my lecture for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home