a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Monday, October 14, 2002

Oooh, I wish you'd ask me how I feel...

Brownie day with LU!!! Haven't done that in ages. I love my friends.I've been thinking about how much everybody has been changing, some for better, some for worse. It's actually pretty amazing, to see the new developments in peoples characters. Which makes me wonder if I've been changing. I hope so. I hope for better. I'm more confident than I used to be, and I care a LOT less about what others think of me. I'm willing to stand up for myself. I wasn't before. I am quite a bit healthier in more ways than one. I've realized that I'm not the only one who makes mistakes, and who doesn't always understand.

I'm not embarassed about the way I am either! So what if I only listen to musicals? So what if I like an Atomic Kitten song (*hee*)? So what if I don't care what I wear, or how I look? I just want to enjoy today, no matter what I'm doing. Last night the stars were gorgeous. Today I drove home from Trenton and saw the fall colours, and the farms. I love the smell of fall, and the cool air and sunshine. I love that I live in a place where I can enjoy the seasons to a big extent. I remember once, about 4 years ago I was home alone late at night. I was starting to get worried about my mom who was supposed to come home earlier. I put on my snow boots (I was in my pjs), and stepped out on the front step and stood for 25 minutes because all I could hear was the silence of snow. It was fresh, and soft, and the night was clear, and the Christmas lights were shining, and I found myself... peaceful? The world is beautiful, and I'm glad I live in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home