a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Sunday, October 06, 2002

Some days I wake up early to watch the sunrise, and I think how beautiful it is, and how my life lies before me, and I get very positive feelings about things. Like this morning for instance: the sky's so clear and the sun's so bright. How can anything go wrong on a day like this? .... I'm late!!!

I think I just had the most wonderful weekend of my life. Road trip up to Kingston for AR's belated birthday. There were 12 of us, 3 cars, too much junk food, and not enough warm clothes (wasn't expecting that wind... even worse by the water). It was nice to get away and have no ties at all to home. It was nice to have some time away from work, and school, and family, and the soap operas that have been going on this year. It was nice to do something that wasn't as fast paced as most of what we seem to do is. We didn't really know where we were going, it was all an extraordinary adventure. We got to take a ferry to Wolfe Island, and a second ferry ("Oh, it tipped once", says S as we were driving on. It was tiny! Only 3 cars fit on it, and it was attached to a big cord). I'd never driven on ferries before, and I was scared. But we got to throw pennies over the side so they would land on the ledge. I wasn't very good at that game. We got there (to Simcoe Island... one road, fit one car and was dirt). I got to do some off roading!!! In fields!!!

When we got to the trailer, I walked around to the back, and saw a gorgeous rock beach behind the fence! I climbed over, and I don't know if I'll ever get over how beautiful it was! Just water! The waves were incredible, and we had quite a bit of fun standing in them (soaked my first set of warm clothes...). We just hung out, TT drove the jeep, we ate crap, set up tents, sat on the beach, I ran over everyone's stuff (whoops). We had a wonderful bonfire. The next morning we went to get the ferry schedule, and decided to go down the dirt road to the other end where we found a big lighthouse, and another gorgeous section of beach. TT and I went wading in the cold water and zebra mussels. We found two stones with names written on them, and one that said "Ou-ès tu?", and were inspired. When we got back to the trailer we got out the magic markers and made our own pretty stones. Then TT and I went wading again... and I ended up swimming. And then everyone else did too. It was COLD!!! We got to be clean, though. I had chills all afternoon, but it was worth it. We had a lovely change out of sticky wet clothes. Ate hotdogs. Packed up. Then my car left, took the little ferry back to Wolfe Island, then had to wait an hour and a bit for the big one. So we looked in the little stores, and watched the fish. Got to Kingston, did a tiny bit of shopping, and came home.

I had a lot of time to think about a lot of things, I got to know TT a little better, boy I adore that girl! I got to talk to people who I never see at school, and just chill out about all the stuff that's been stressing me. It was so wonderful to get away! No pressures! I would run away there! We considered "missing" the ferry... but we are too damn responsible for that.

It was wonderful and fantastic and incredible and practically life-altering for me. And then I come home. The soap operas have MULTIPLIED, and I immediately have to give SD advice, and talk to poor MV, and hate my dad when he's being stupid, and school work, and ARGH!!! Of course I don't mind giving advice, I was flattered he asked, but oh my goodness, the situations that boy gets himself into!!! I'm again worried about AW. I don't miss J so much anymore though, it was getting pathetic. I was jealous of everyone finding great guys and hooking up, when the greatest guy I'd known was gone, and I haven't met anyone like him... but I've fixed that inside myself. I've always been independant, I actually have a really hard time imagining a commitment with someone (KW has told me that I will be living in sin in my future... oh well...). But everyone f***s things up for themselves and their friends and makes everything so complicated and awful. And I don't want that. I want my priorities, I want my values and morals. Why can't everyone be more like me??? I'm joking. But yuck for coming back to this. Maybe I just shouldn't care about my friends so much... then I wouldn't have any left...

Oh, but what a glorious wonderful getaway! It was exactly what I needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home