a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Monday, April 14, 2003

In a perfect world...

What will I do once this show is over? Well, sleep and homework, but that's besides the point. I love the stage so much! I love to be out there, even if the character I play is a ninny. I love seeing the audience smile, or hear them comment on the fight, or the dress, or anything. I love that it's clever enough that some people don't get it. Despite it being a farce, it's a thinking one. I hope my friends like it when they come. I hope it goes well, and I don't have to cover for a certain... person (not R).

I'm feeling... funny, outside of the play. I have gained this confidence, and I don't know where to put it. I always lose it after a show. I can't just show my friends, I'm afraid they'll think I've turned obnoxious (or more so than they already think). I feel... good about myself? Not a feeling I have a lot. I'm afraid it'll go away. I'm afraid I'm destined to be awkward and... lonely for the rest of my life? Because I am. Lonely. I miss KNOWING people. TALKING to them. In two weeks the play will be over, and all the wonderful, intelligent, fun people I've met will be gone. I'm glad to have known them, but I'm not looking forward to the... withdrawal.

It's crazy, theatre is. Along with my life. I'm enjoying it, just worried, fretting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home