a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Tuesday, February 25, 2003

We weren't given much, and we don't ask for more. More is not a word we use.

Theatre is my saviour. Somewhere to really express myself, as a stage hand or performing as someone else. Being part of Ring Round the Moon is such a great experience that I am having. I adore every person I am working with. I adore putting on my "practise shoes" and running lines. I adore trying new ways to say lines. I love that I am not Meghan, and not a single person who sees that show will see the awkward, silly, tries-too-hard girl I live with every day. They will see Isabelle, kind, charming Isabelle, who everyone onstage likes. Well, except for the fight scene...

I want to rehearse every night, forget school, forget a job, just make a gorgeous piece of theatre to remember. Just get to know these people, and wear my funny shoes. Learn those lines.

I am doing something I love. It is fabulous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home