a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Wednesday, February 12, 2003

"Where's the love?"

*Sigh* how I hate Valentine's day! The world telling you you aren't good enough independantly. You can't be happy by yourself. You have to have the perfect mate to shower in material goods that are either high in calories, or die. I mean flowers... Love can't be bought, it is nothing commercial. You can be happy by yourself. It's still hard though.

School decides to celebrate Valentine's Day by having a semi-formal dance, where it is accepted to drunkenly grope people of the opposite sex at school, in fancy clothes. Not very appealing. Well, except for fancy clothes... This is why I have created an evening: Boycott Semi/Valentines Girl's Night. My friends and I are going out for dinner, at a reasonably fancy restaurant, all dolled up. Then we will move the evening over to my house, for virgin daquiris. Some of the guys will join us then, and we will just have a good time.

We are good at having good times. Making parties out of nothing. I love it. I love having creative friends.

I am just missing a few things. AR and AW, our friendships have changed. To me it feels like something is missing, but they don't seem to have noticed. They are wrapped up in... other things. We began to get it back at Algonquin, a real true girls night... but nothing was fixed. I don't know, maybe they are just moving in a different direction than I. I miss them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home