a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Wednesday, March 05, 2003

I believe in fate!!!!

Well. What a strange week. Let's start with Friday. I hadn't had a good week, I was tired, tired of some situations going on, etc. I had been looking forward to the coffeehouse. I get home from school, and mom calls, Bat Boy is playing at Queens. Bat Boy. A musical that CM, SD2, RB, JS, AJ... well all the guys, and I loved. And that's just the few songs they'd heard off of my soundtrack. I cannot express how excited I was. I told CM at the coffee house (he had dibs on a ticket first, as he was the most ridiculously obsessed), and he was thrilled. AJ and RB came too, and we drove off to Kingston after work. We made it to the University in a ridiculous hour. We found the building with the theatre. SO EXCITED. And it was awesome. The acting was superb, the singing was fabulous, the set was perfect, the use of multimedia fit in SO well. I couldn't believe that I was seeing a musical I never thought I'd see, and it was so GOOD!

So that's fate number one. Then we get to Monday, didn't want to go to school at all. Went, of course, and during first period we got a lot done for production. Suddenly three teachers storm in all Nancy Drew style looking for a breaker. Water pipes had burst because of the cold, and we got to go home after first period. So, I ended up with 11 people at my house. Some watched BSC (baby sitter's club, there's memory lane...), some listened to Batboy. We played Have you ever, and Scruples. Then we got into s-e-x. A group of teenagers, didn't take long. Who would have thought that we'd end up talking about sex in my living room at one o'clock in the afternoon on a Monday? But we were. Right. Fate number two, I haven't figured out the reason behind Flood Day, but I'm sure there was one.

Fate number three: OH MY GOD I HAVEN'T DONE ANY UNIVERSITY PREP IN A WEEK. Snow day! Snow day!!!! Thank God, Thank Buddha! Things are looking up! University scares the crap out of me. And I'm not even there yet.

Of course, there is the fate dress, the "understudy incident", the horrible choices leading to great discoveries examples of fate... but this week has been extremely interesting. Very, very interesting. I'm glad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home