a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Sunday, December 08, 2002

Satisfaction Guaranteed
I'm feeling very creative today. I want to do a craft, or write something, or make a film. I had such a good weekend. I had time for myself *gasp*, time to think, and to do what I wanted to do. I went with TT to paint pottery on Friday, then we went to TO to see Contact, which was FABULOUS. It was so... good, I almost cried at the end of the first act. I love theatre, and I feel comfort in my University applications that went out today (eek) that theatre is what I want to do, in some way or another. If people can be touched like I was on Friday by the heart that went into creating a story, then that is what I want to do. I wish I could dance or sing!

My choir had their Christmas show today. It was fabulous. I love them, and it was the cutest thing I've seen in awhile. I don't know who got it into their heads to write a children's Christmas Christian Star Trek musical, but God bless them! We had these cute little Star Trek badges, and an Energizer bunny, and a country duet, and a Scottish Spock. And I got presents :). That's one thing I love about being a little kid choir director, I remember getting my teacher and dance teacher and all of those people presents. I have SO many Christmas ornaments from my kids (my kids..?) that I can take away with me when I have my own home. One of them picked a "Girl's Night Out Fund" jar for me, I decided to keep gas money in there. Sometimes I feel like a chauffer, it will feel better if I'm paying for gas with spare change.

I feel so good! I had about a day in total of me time, doing what I wanted to do, and I'm happy. I wish I could have some time everyday. I guess that's just not possible. I feel like I'm... stifled by school and work. I want to do creative things, which are usually spontaneous. I don't have time for spontaneity. It's too bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home