a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Sunday, December 22, 2002

Bah, humbug!

I'm sick. It's almost Christmas, and I'm sick. It snuck up so fast this year, I still am not finished shopping, I haven't done any baking, I just started cards and haven't started wrapping yet. I work tommorrow too. I was supposed to work today, but I am feeling crappy. So I'm not in a very Christmasy mood. This Christmas break isn't really much of a break. I'm sick, and I work. Then I have to scramble to finish everything for Wednesday. Then I work.

I've always loved Christmas, loved the sentimental peace on earth crap, but working in a toy store, I've learned a few things about people. I always knew Christmas was commercial, but honestly, you wouldn't believe the people who come in. Gifts are expressions of affection for people. Not hassles. And maybe if people didn't leave all their shopping until a week before hand they wouldn't get all disappointed. Then again, who am I to talk? It's been a long weekend. I feel yucky, and grumpy.

I did have a lovely day Friday though, with my friends. Friends who I thought I had lost are still mostly okay. Things will be okay. Even if I'm in a bad mood, and very sick, I still have cheer for everyone else. If I don't write anything before Wednesday, have a WONDERFUL HOLIDAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home