a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

The clever, clever girl

*After seven months, I realized that I have a laptop. Hello watching that 70s show, typing blogs and essays and MSN chatting without even having to get out of bed! Student life rocks.

*Today I made the second real meal I have cooked in seven months. What made it real? I used more than one pot and cut up vegetables and had spices. I rock. Maybe fourth meal, if you count when I had friends over and made the sauce...

*The water here is killing my skin and hair. Like, my hair is all broken and dry and gross and my skin hurts (yes.). So what do I do? Drink it!

*I need to pay more attention to the news. I fear this potential liquidation a great deal. I don't worry about my lifestyle changes, I know how ridiculously lucky I am. I worry about someone very close to me losing everything he's been working for. Oh dear.

On a frustrated note:
In theatre performance we had to create characters from newspaper photos. I got a real vibe from the woman in mine. She became a 39 year old lesbian living with her partner Kelly. She's a hairdresser, who was once married to a man. She lives in Toronto, near her family. She has a niece and nephew who she adores. She likes soap operas and staying in. Her partner likes to go out more often, but sometimes she loves to get dressed up. I had it all figured out. I did a good job in the "hot seat" evaluation.

I go out into the hall, and a guy who is my friend (or who I thought was my friend) goes "there's the little lesbian". That's all he got. Out of the days I spent figuring out an entire person. Now, being the gracious, polite person I am, I gave him the finger (whoops, the overuse of the finger with my friends from small town can be quite insulting to the people who don't understand that it just means "pffft".) It really bugged me. That's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home