a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Sunday, March 07, 2004

Adventures of a small-town girl in a big city

In the last two days...

First: I was a witness to the most disgusting PDA of all time, pretty much. Sitting on the metro, on the single seat, which leaves my side facing two seats. On which sat a couple. Who really really really liked each other. A lot. Every three seconds there was a kiss. Not just a peck. A full out, lip-smacking, I have to put my hand on the back of your head to ram your tongue further down my throat kiss. So I kind of turned my head to face the other end of the car. And all I could hear was lip smacking, smack, smack, smack until I realized that they were close enough for me to punch in the face. The girl accidentally bites off the boys tongue. No more PDA for them!

No, I sat there feeling really uncomfortable until they got off the metro. Ew.

Second: I was a witness to the SECOND worst display of PDA ever. But it would actually receive more demerit points, if I could be the PDA police, because of location. In a theatre. Not the movie theatre, oh no. A live theatre. In the FRONT ROW. Directly in front of me, of course. The girl spent the whole show trying to maintain physical contact with the boy. His arm had to be around her, or they had to be holding hands, or her head had to be on his shoulder. She watched his reaction to all the funnier bits, I don't think she saw the show. They whispered to each other, and kissed each other, and she chewed his fingers. I threw up all over their hair, then told them it was their own fault, and maybe if they really needed to kiss during the play, they could at least leave, or go to the backrow or something.

But really, I sat there and felt nauseous, and complained to S during the intermissions.

Third: I saw a big fight on the metro. It was scary. Then they all got out and continued to fight at my stop. So I had to wait until the next stop. I won't even pretend that I did anything.

Sometimes big cities sicken me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home