a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Saturday, March 13, 2004

The pineapple incident

I spent a long time looking at myself in the mirror today. Partly because I was wearing my lovely new vintage dress. Partly because I can't comprehend how everyone is so wrong at guessing my age. I don't see it. I have really big eyes, and I think that makes me look youngish, if not young.

At my first job, while training, a man guessed my age to the other girl working. He guessed 26. I had just turned sixteen. Everyone at University is guessing me older, and some think I lie about my age (???). I was intrigued by the guy I had worked intensely with for the last two weeks (and also been a moron in front of) thinking I was the oldest in the group when I was the youngest. Five years younger than he guessed.

I don't get it. I guess I can't see myself objectively, and I feel YOUNG. Like, four years old young. I don't act old. I act like a doofus. Sometimes I am flattered, sometimes I am disappointed. If I can look up to ten years older than I am as a teenager... what will I look like at 35???

This guy and I were clicking. But he thought I was different than I am. Age does change things. (Not P, we're still friends). It's disappointing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home