a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Sunday, January 11, 2004

Never been so cold in my life...

I've become a kind-of recluse in my little apartment. It is so unbelievably cold here, even in my room, that the idea of going outside has stopped me from leaving a number of times this week. I'm trying to think of productive things to do by myself. So far I've written thank you letters for some Christmas presents, done my homework, talked to TT, LU, AR and ACB on the phone, ate waaaaaaaaay too much, cleaned my room, researched stuff, MSN chatted... nothing that does any good for anyone. Well, chatting is enjoyable, and my room really needed to be cleaned... but whatever.

So I was thinking, I've always wanted to be a suffering Bohemian artist (haha, I'm a moron). Now that I'm freezing and have little to no money, I might as well create some art. I've always wanted to write something. And I've always heard "write what you know". Thinking about it, my life right now could be easily turned into some sort of play.

-I have a roommate with whom I am not compatible.
Examples: coming home from Christmas break to find a big poster of a scantily-clad woman on a common-area wall. Dishes in the sink for FOURTEEN days. Loud, obnoxious music. Having "little get-togethers" that are actually giant parties. Constantly going outside to smoke. There's a character there, for sure.
-I have recently had a lot of awful dreams about my car accident. Dreams are dramatic...
-My adventures with PV, an older guy who doesn't speak the same language as me.
-An apartment in which I have to wear outdoor gear to be warm.
-A zany cast of friends from home. They could be a play or movie within themselves.
- A dancing fetish. Anytime anywhere.
-Relationship problems and complications.
- A kooky landlord, who doesn't appreciate my artistic tendencies. haha, he stifles my creative freedom!
-A struggle with being let go from home.

It sounds more and more like a sitcom with a few dramatic moments...

-the ultimate girls nights, complete with ice cream, chocolate, movies and ranting.
-upstairs neighbours who seem to own tapdancing elephants that move the furniture every night and practise basketball during the day
-boy friends with whom I am so close that we can hold hands and talk about almost anything without weirdness.
-nights like the one here where we play games like spin the bottle, have you ever...
-constant adventures
Examples: getting split up on the mountain, right out of a movie. Simcoe island bonding, right out of a teen movie with some pop soundtrack. too many.
-always putting my foot in my mouth.
-being a bitch regularly
-an insane family
-I manage to draw airplane related guys to me at parties. That is just something that creeps me out.

My life is a lot more fun than I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home