a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Sunday, December 14, 2003

Right now...

My car is being snowed in. It is a write-off, three hours away, with no back windshield, a giant dented roof and a mangled back end. I'm sorry car!

I am at home, and it is nice. I missed my parents, and I am adoring chilling with AR everyday. We stayed up too late the last two nights, reading the IKEA catalogue and talking. We had a really good chat last night. She knows a lot about me, and I know a lot about her, and it's nice to be able to tell someone EVERYTHING. Her and TT know all about me, and that doesn't scare me a bit. Which is good to have.

I know something that confuses me, but also makes me happy. I am interested to see how certain things develop. I will never understand some things. It's okay, because finally I KNOW something.

I had my first grilled cheese sandwich since September. Yum.

I have one more day of freedom before I go to work. I am enjoying the downtime immensely. I am not looking forward to the toystore at Christmas time. I don't have too much of a choice.

I am happy about life and people and Christmas and fun.

Last night

(AR and I are sitting in the kitchen, chatting, its 3 am. Suddenly there is a noise at the backdoor. AR jumps off the counter and runs to the corner. I get off the floor and hide in front of the fridge (?? I don't know either??))

AR: What was that?
Me: I don't know!
AR: Hold my hand!
Me: Ahhh! Can I tell you a story?
AR: Okay...
Me: My aunt's friend's friend had a cactus. One day she looked at it, and it was pulsing, and vibrating. She called the store where she bought it. The man said "Get out of the house right now and call an exterminator". So she did, and the exterminator came in time to kill the baby tarantulas that came out of the cactus.
AR: Ewww, that's comforting. What do we do?
Me: I don't know!
AR: Let's get out of here, quick!
Me: Okay, go!

(We run out the door and fall up the stairs until we make it to my room where we collapse in a giggle heap. We proceed to check out Amanda's room and closet and under the bed and bathroom...)

Okay, so it's not as funny written down as it actually was. But we were nearly wetting our pants between fear and laughter over a stupid noise. Life is funny.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home