a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Now what?

I've been in Canada just over a week, and I'm stuck stuck stuck.

I am finished with school, but I have to get a semester's worth of credits. So I will spend the next three months going through the motions of school, putting time and energy in a place where my passions are not. Poor me.

Last night the crew who went to India met at a bar on St-Laurent, and it was surreal. The feeling of home I had when I arrived, when we all smiled at each other, when photos came out, when we just had to say "I'm tired" and have someone else know the depth and magnitude of that tiredness. It's got something to do with jetlag, but mostly to do with the uneasy return to a life where we can't question question question every moment. Where we have stuff that has to get done.

We were so lucky to create such a magical, safe space in India, where we got to experience just THINGS that no one else will ever get to. Ever. It was an experience that was completely unique on this earth. I can't explain, words don't yet.

I've yet to process the trip, and just now find myself coming back to the Peru trip, and the thoughts and ideas that didn't get to come out or be properly thought.

I'm such a TDEV hippy.

And lucky.

My biggest complaints are grad school applications and bored with an education that is lasting one semester too long. Oh boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home