a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Some ramblings on art...

While theatre seems to be the only direction I'm interested in following, and while theatre has turned into something much larger (music, art, creation, etc) for me, I find myself somewhat ashamed. There is a certain lack of practicality, or so a part of my essence believes, in being an artist. While I will be the first to tell you all the good you can find in art, in creating art as a group of people, I am always wishing that I was doing something more concrete.

I am extremely interested in human rights, and the lack of fairness that is life. I know I have a big heart, I want to help those that need help and support those that are taking a step up. I want to be of assistance to people, if I can.I am training to be an artist. The work I am involved in is art. Is creation. Is helpful, in the way that I can be.

I've made it very clear to myself, and to people I work with, that I am not an actor. Nor do I wish to be an actor. Sometimes I love performing. I love to be involved with actors, to move, to push myself physically and mentally to tell a story. I want to be able to jump into a project as an actor if need be. I think ideally I want to work freelance, to write a piece here, to act a piece there, to direct a bit, to produce, produce, produce. To be present in a community, to raise awareness, to bring people together, to encourage sharing and loving and working together.

Projects bring people together. I have facilitated projects that have brought people together. As an artist, and "entrepreneur" and nothing else. I am an artist. I will be an artist, even through teaching, even through whatever comes my way. I need to not feel shame. I need to embrace art and my capacity to create. My mnid is different from anyone else's, and not better or worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home