a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Adventures of the Overactive Imagination of Meghan

So, I have a pretty crazy imagination. I've always made up scenarios in my head where I convince myself things are true because I fabricated something that could potentially happen. None so bad as two nights ago when I actually convinced myself that I had been poisoned.

Here's how it went: an anonymous neighbour left me an easter egg on my doorstep. I was really pleased, because I found it on a stressful day, and it was a nice surprise. I put it in the apartment and didn't eat it, because haha, I didn't know who it came from and it could be poisoned.

So, a long time after Easter, I decide it's time for chocolate, and I eat this egg, after carefully inspecting the wrapping and the chocolate for signs of having been punctured with a syringe full of poison. I eat it. A few minutes pass and I convince myself that I have a stomachache. I proceed to try and make myself vomit in the bathroom. This is difficult, as I have no gag reflex and haven't thrown up for any reason in about nine years. So dammit, I'm dying from a poisoned egg, what a stupid way to go.

My friend Kyle comes over, and I tell him, "haha, I might be poisoned". He convinces me I'm not. "You need a roommate Meghan."

True story, every word. I'm a loser.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex Tucker said...

Whoa. How crazy. It's a a good thing you didn't make yourself believe that you were falling off a cliff, cuz like... who could convince someone who is falling off a cliff that they aren't falling off a cliff?

- www.onecreamtwosugar.blogspot.com

6:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home