a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

HEY DRAGON!

Today we went to an elementary school and did three short plays for three classes of 6-8 year olds. It was awesome and brilliant and fantastic and magnificent and every good adjective. The kids were such a responsive, funny, caring audience, and they ate it up.

We did a fun version of the Paper Bag Princess, there was "Sideways Stories from Wayside School" and Rumpelstiltskin. All of them were short, and funny, and creative.

I spent last summer having kids do theatre, and this semester is all about doing theatre for kids... and I think I've found my calling in some way or another. My head is alert and buzzing with ideas for camp next summer, for myself next summer and in life.

One of the things I learned by running a business of my own creation last summer is that I actually can do pretty much anything I want. Anyone can. It just takes a ridiculous amount of work. It means being tired, stressed, lots of frustration, some fights, some crying in my case. It means lots of complaining to people, long days, dealing with some awful people, selling your soul and pimping yourself... but when you do something that you care about, it is so REWARDING.

Right now I am loving the idea of spending the next two months at school, then doing a play, then going to Belleville for a few weeks. I'll do another semester of stimulating courses, and return to SELF-EMPLOYMENT, doing what I enjoy, and now that I'm not attached to the grant program, I can do exactly what I want. Basically, my life is full of things I love.

And that is my self-indulgent blog of the moment.

_______
In other news, I spent last weekend on a couch in Ottawa. And it was a nice change from sitting on my bed here. I watched movies, chilled with good people, ate a lot of bread, got slightly tipsy (yes) playing a lovely game called beer pong. We went to parliament, ate chicken, laid in the grass, arm wrestled, people watched, and just enjoyed the end of the summer sunshine. It made me miss my friends again (not that I didn't before).

I am planning thanksgiving, and most people are being very good about emailing me and helping out. It's a lot of work. I can't tell people what to bring and for how many until I know how many people are coming... bleh...

That's it for now. Whooooot.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home