a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Monday, February 16, 2004

"Oh, I looooooooove romance. Aren't you just soooooooo lucky, valentines girl!"

Valentines makes me sick. How come I'm not good enough if I'm single? How come people who went out with their boyfriends for dinner or had candlelit evenings at home look at me with pity when I say I had a girls night? I ate chocolate and nachos and laughed and bitched. Why is it not cool to be single? To be independant? I have people who love me, and that's always been good enough. Until I feel stupid when my friends here look at me like I definitely didn't have as good a time as they did, and hopefully I'll "find someone soon".

Why? Because I'm not good enough on my own? Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I'm supposed to wait. For my prince charming? Ha! For someone who can tolerate my appearance and feminism and "talking too much"? For someone who wants to hold my hand? For someone who wants to talk to me? For someone who I can exchange meaningful glances with? Vomit.

Will life be better if I have that? Will I be happier? Wondering if I'm being cheated on with someone better looking or smarter, or funnier? Is it worth having someone to "love" me? In a different way than my friends, if that exists? Somehow I don't think so. I believe in myself as a human being. Sure I wish I was smarter, beautiful, funnier, whatever. But I am a person who is... okay. I'm okay. And Valentines Day, piss off and stop trying to tell me otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home