a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

To the creepo at La Taverne

Okay, so first off, aren't you lucky that a table of four men was right next to that table of four women? They were probably 30-ish, and were well dressed and blonde. You buy one a shot. Isn't that generous? I was soooo happy to see them get up, put their coats on, and the blonde brought you back your shot. To ask her friend if she has a husband, and to tell her that if she did and he wasn't good enough, then say "I'll take care of her. I won't marry her, but I'll take care of her," is taking it a step too far. You got personal.

Then to wink suggestively at an eighteen year old girl while her FATHER was in the bathroom really made me despise you. Maybe I look older, I've been told that. But I was wearing a pink old hoodie. Maybe you should take your pinstripe suit down to goodwill and grow up. Respecting women will get you laid. Not being a creepo in a bar. Not pushing women to give you personal information and telling them you'll take care of them. Not trying to pick them up while the person they are with is in the bathroom.

I told my dad about what they said to the women. He said "it's just a stupid game". Maybe. But making people feel uncomfortable isn't part of a game. It's harassment. When they say no the first time, continuing to push won't bring you to a yes. I'm disgusted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home