a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Le bis

FRIENDS!!! I have some friends!! In Montreal! I have people whose cheeks I can kiss when I see them (I love this greeting so much, I'm going to terrify people when I go home!).We can go out together. Chat. Listen. Talk "intellectual". Of course it isn't the same, but it's a damn good start.

WORK! I hate it! Even though I am interested in the classes, I much prefer going out when invited, not chilling at home to Early Asian Theatre grooves and memorizing theatre terms. Procrastinating is too common with me. Sleeping in is too common with me. Getting in trouble with my superintendant is now common with me. (Apparently my balcony isn't MY balcony. So I can't have sidewalk chalk plants. Fine. Whatever. Stifle my creativity. Make me sit in a dull balcony. I think it made the whole building look better.)

MONTREAL!!! I LOVE IT! Bars with craft nights, gorgeous theatres, perfect campuses, downtown life. Two million people (lots of crazies... not so great). Public transportation (YAY METRO!). Vocalz will forever be in my memory. My big apartment. Walking, great walks. Culture! Les bis!! Perhaps my new favourite thing!

MONEY! I have little! It's scary. And a roommate who likes to borrow, and cabs which are tres cher, and metro which gets steep. And alcohol. For some reason every event almost has had alcohol. I only have twenty dollars for food next week, as I spent half of next week's budget on my friends. It was worth it.

Things are okay again. It's up and down. But I will make it, even if I still want to hop in a time machine from time to time and head back to Bayside for the easy life of soap operas and adventures. Whoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home