a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Sunday, June 29, 2003

Time for a change

I've been feeling down recently. Which makes me feel worse, because I promised myself that I wouldn't... well, this is really cheesy and I don't want it to come out of my mouth (or my fingers, I guess)... I don't want to "sweat the small stuff". Because I know that all my "problems" are ridiculously insignificant in the scheme of things. I have an incredible life. So, I'm going to write a list of things that I am grateful for, that keep my life good, to remind me that things aren't as bad as I keep feeling like they are.

1. Two or three great, great friends who I can talk to about anything and that have faith in me.
2. Making cool new friends.
3. Being able to goof off at work without getting fired.
4. Being able to spend time by myself and not get bored.
5. Making money.
6. Having time to waste for the first time in a very very long time. And finding ways to not waste time.
7. Having a ridiculous number of opportunities in the not so far away future.
8. Having a few family members that I love and would do anything for, they would do the same for me.
9. Having sunny days.
10. Driving. Still being alive from my stupid accident.
11. Laughing until I cry and my stomach hurts.
12. Having enough food and money to live more than comfortably.
13. Listening and being listened to.
14. Being comfortable with my values and morals.
15. Occasionally having people listen to my values and morals and opening their eyes to the rest of the world.
16. Learning (I'm such a dork!)
17. Reading
18. Listening to great music.
19. Writing in my journal when I'm in a good mood.
20. Being ALIVE.

There are a few things I am happy for. And there are more. So what if I've grown in a different direction then a lot of my friends? I still get along with most of them. I have a good life. If I don't enjoy it, it's nobodies fault but my own. And those that purposely hurt of course, but as I get stronger, that happens less and less. Now, THIS is a good feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home