a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

March, March, March


Our first fresh audience
Originally uploaded by meghandear.
Three months ago I was in another country, consistently stimulated and challenged by the notion of art as a tool for change. We loved each other, we hated each other, we talked about useless ideas and the most useful ideas. We discovered that limited power is still power, and change that affects only a few people is valuable because it is affecting something.

Now I am in Montreal, cold and uninspired, doing very little to contribute to my world. Feeling heavy and nervous and tired. Going out too much, going out not enough. Iron deficient and on the way to diabetes. Wishing I was that little bit smarter, prettier, outgoing. Making stupid decisions. Come on, Meghan, step up.

On a higher note, I have just begun a project I care about. That is mine. That should have been done a long time ago, but apparently I only have faith in myself in a small town where I know everybody. Just jumping in.

India just handed me opportunities on a platter, because the trip was project and education oriented. Here there are still issues to be addressed, that I can address. It's just different and I have to put myself out there.

And THAT is my self indulgent blog of the moment.
-The "goddam crypto-imperialist brat"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home