a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Sunday, May 16, 2004

Busy girl

Dear Eye:

I know that it is allergy season. I know that you are allergic to some mysterious substance. I know that you deal with this by swelling up and making me look like I have Downs Syndrome on half of my face. Not a huge big deal.

But, why, eye, must this always happen when I am going to meet new people? When I am going to be in a huge group setting? Why can't it be when I am in the backyard chilling by myself, or walking around the block... not on the way to Waterfront or a party? And then everyone who I am talking to, I can read their mind, is going: "don't look at the eye, don't look at the eye..." but they can't help it.

People are very kind, and once it swells, it usually doesn't hurt anymore, and they all ask how it's doing. They get me ice and loan me Visine. I appreciate it a lot.

I just wish it didn't have to happen.

So eye... please, let's get along this summer.

Meghan

PS- Now I look like I've been in a fight. That's cooler than looking like I shoved cotton balls under my eyelids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home