a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Sunday, October 19, 2003

The more I thought about it, the worse it got. The idea of my parents a couple of provinces away while AR had a party in their house without permission made me sad. Now I'll be the first to say how carried away our friends get with inviting "one more person". I know my parents wouldn't be mad. But I think that having a bunch of people overnight without asking or telling them is disrespectful. It's not AR's fault! I love her to pieces! I just felt uncomfortable that she would let that happen. And uncomfortable that not a single person thought about it. My parents have been nothing but good to my friends, just last weekend they made them an effing turkey. No one thought to change the location of the party.

Now, I would never have an "illegal party". Honestly. My parents rarely left me alone overnight. Of course they let me have people over. They both like people over. If AR had asked, or said that there would be more people, they would have said "sure" or "until 1" or something like that. But it's not fair to them or their home to have people overnight without their approval. I'm a little disappointed in my friends. It's no one's fault... but I felt uncomfortable telling them that I thought they were being disrespectful. That they crossed the line of hospitality. I hate that I can't be there to be the one that gets in trouble. Not that AR will. It's just... I don't know. I felt bad not calling and giving my two cents, and I felt bad calling. I just feel bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home