a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Thursday, October 16, 2003

Turkey was cooked, thanks was given, and a good time was had by all...

Thanksgiving report: I AM the turkey Queen! Not only did it turn out fine, but we had over thirty people crammed into my little house and a hell of a good time. At least... I did. This weekend was so much fun, but again a reminder of all the people and things I miss so much being off at university. I honestly don't know what I'd do without people like you in my life. A million gazillion thanks.

Highlights for me:
-JM's grace. What a wonderful sweetheart.
-wearing an apron
-being able to boss people around and not get in trouble because I was so frazzled ("you! stir the gravy!")
-pushing AR around in the wheelbarrow. Having a broken bone is probably a dangerous thing around my friends.
-dancing in the driveway
-having WONDERFUL friends who cleaned all the dishes up and put away the tables
-having... interesting (?) friends, who ate the tablecloth
-dancing on the fireplace
-just chilling and chatting
-Uh Oh, A Bear!
-lots and lots and lots of hugs. Real ones from real friends.
-realizing just how great my friends are. Again.

Now I'm back at school. In my apartment. Mad at my roommate who still hasn't done the dishes. Who had people over really late on the one night I have to go to bed early. Mad at my upstairs neighbours who seem to have obtained a troupe of tap-dancing, furniture moving elephants over the weekend. Mad at the downstairs neighbours who must be deaf, as I can hear the dialogue from their TV. Mad at myself for being the most easily distracted human being on the face of the planet (Look! A calculator! I'd better start figuring out the math that goes with my phone number!). Mad at my roommate for not fixing the internet. Mad at my alarm clock for not making me get up. Mad at my lazy professor. Mad at my roommate for being a s'eau d'ecume. Kind of in a mad mood. Can you tell?

TT had a bad day as well. We talked on the phone. (Which we can't do very often, as it is tres chere. My last phone bill was ridiculous. Mad at my roommate for not owning up to his phone calls). I miss her. I miss everyone. Why can't I move on properly? Oh--- the elephants upstairs just had babies... Why can't I just kick back and accept that I won't instantly have friends like my high school friends. That I have to take the time to get to know them. I keep meeting horribly shallow individuals. People who aren't worth my time. And I'm not worth theirs. Where are the loving creative people who will appreciate the few things I have to offer?

My life feels like it has lost a bit of its direction. I have been waiting and waiting for University since grade eight. Now it's here and is flying by. I don't know what I want from it. I've been waiting for my life to start and have missed out a certain amount on the life that was going on around me. Oh-- the baby elephants are learning how to walk... and I think play kazoos... I am losing a little of the sense of self I had developed after Lion in the Streets and a summer of fabulous connections.

And I blather on, again. I'll do anything to avoid my assignments. I am very lucky to have so many people at home who are unforgettable. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home