a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Friday, December 03, 2004

Oh, theatre and development, let's never fight again...

Why I love my program:

-as per usual: credits for getting and giving massages, rolling around on the ground, and making crafts for two hours.
-my playwriting prof is an asshole that I love anyway, who said yesterday in a conversation with me, "wait, I haven't finished belittling you yet!"
-being told by people who are actually quite influential in the Canadian theatre scene that I am good at what I do.
-instead of exams, doing: a scene, a workshop with kids, a giant play, and "apathy house", a creative collobaration that takes place all over theatre house (the profs house, it's awesome. Here theatre profs, have huge offices with fireplaces, and a basement with leather couches and a fucking runner on the dining room table. Oh, and Harry Potter-esque stairs! and a sunroom! and here! a secret passageway! oh! and a balcony!) I'm going to be a theatre prof.
-Robert: "upp", 'please', "take your head for a walk", 'use your periphical vision', ripping his shirt off and throwing desks for emphasis, stroking Cara's face, 'feet over your head', three second jumps... oh man.
-having a professor not blink an eye when a student brings wine to class, and proceeds to drink it out of the bottle.
-not knowing what the eff I'm going to do when I graduate, but loving it so much that I don't care.

I had a really good day.
I'm liking this play now.
I'm happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home