a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Woo Hoo

Twelfth Night went. Not as awesome as Macbeth or as funny as it could have been, but the parents were all pleased, and most kids will be back next year. I'm really enjoying directing the plays. They aren't top notch or anything, but I've made a few moments I'm really proud of (such as the Cesario/Sir Andrew sword fight to Kill Bill music, and the sneaky-toes bush). As cheesy as it sounds, this summer job is changing me a lot. I have to be outgoing, in control and organized. I have to be loud (not that I'm not already, but now I'm loud with a minute amount of authority). There are moments where this job sucks (such as dealing with ODD, cleaning up the bathroom, and dealing with cadet puppet man), but mostly it rocks (I will be tie dying, playing dance tag, or creating a play and realizing that I get money from all this). I'm happy. Busy, stressed and tired, but happy.

I also am very excited. To go camping, to go back to school, to see what's happening in August. The summer has flown by. I'm ready to go back to TDEV, to be in a play, to go to Value Village, to write essays. I miss my apartment, my bed, my Montreal friends, Montreal, good theatre all over the place, even the smelly, scary metro.

My birthday is next week, and I am dreading it. I don't want to be nineteen. One year closer to twenty. I like right now just fine. But I will be in Bon Echo, with it's gorgeous rock and lake and stars and sky and huzzah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home