a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Friday, June 23, 2006




I'm going to drive everyone crazy the next little while. Peru occupies the majority of my thoughts. It was a short five weeks that were SO full and two places became comfortable homes. Kristen and I took over seven hundred photos, some good, some mediocre.

This is my tattoo I kept for about four days in Peru. I loved this baby chicken. Kristen had a rooster (or cock some might choose to say.) on her ankle that got stuck for a good week. The girls put them all over their bodies, but all were hideable for school. The girls who brought the tattoos put one on the youngest baby's foot, and one on the toddler (Jenny)'s belly. Jenny walked around and would randomly lift up her shirt and show us her tummy. I miss her.

The other photo is me and the dogs. Five dogs lived at the orphanage. Every day when we arrived they would rush up to greet us and walk us to the door. They aren't particularly good guard dogs, as they are pretty loving. Some days we brought them bread, and tossed it to them. They shared quite well. The girls have a favourite, Mako (sp?). The rest just chill outside, sleep a lot and hope that the next person will bring them bread. One dog always was covered in burrs, and wouldn't let me take them out. I miss them too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home