a little musing, a little philosophizing, a little ranting, a whole lot of nothing, really.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day

I have a boyfriend. We did not celebrate Valentine's Day, because I hate, hate, hate it. This is the first year I have been in any sort of relationship at this time of year (unless you count J, but I sure don't). A tiny, tiny part of the girl inside me wants to acknowledge the holiday, because who knows the next time I'll be dating someone at this time. But who cares, really?

Today, all over Montreal I saw people walking around with flowers/red gift bags/ugly helium balloons. It was ridiculous. Back in small-town I guess I don't see that because no one uses public transportation. But every third woman and every fifth man was carrying something. How is it touching to receive a flower when almost all the other women in your metro car have one?

Anyway, reasons why this particular Valentines was ridiculous:
-yesterday I stepped on a thumbtack and I think I have tetanus.
-a ridiculous amount of procrastinating occurred.
-I put Bailey's on ice cream and went to class a bit loopy.
-class was at the bus station (invisible theatre, doncha know?) and an old lady broke my incognito/observer role when she asked me if I "needed any Valium" for my trip.
-flowers flowers everywhere
-loooooooooooooooooooong boring talk about forum theatre when the interesting video was SO CLOSE.
-stupid performance assignment is tomorrow and I'm not ready.

What made it good?
Mmm, a number of things.

Silly holiday. I'd pick effing Victoria day over Valentines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home